The Following Policy:
- Inmate requisition to make an outside purchase must have adequate funds available in their personal account at the time of the request. Credit and layaway purchases are not permitted.
- Any returns shall be at the inmates expense. If we made an error with your shipment, return postage will be prepaid or refunded to the customer.
- Facility Superintendent’s may approve the purchase of items not available through commissary from an approved outside vendor. Items available through commissary cannot be purchased through an outside vendor.
- Family & friends are not restricted from making orders as long as the above is complied with.
- Merchandise must meet VT DOC specifications and price guidelines as specified in Inmate Allowable Property Matrix dated 2-6-17
i. Boots: No steel toes, 8” or less from bottom of the heel to the top of the boot; 1” or less heel thickness
ii. Shoes or Sneakers: Closed toe, 6” or less from bottom of the heel to top of the shoe; 1” or less heel thickness
iii. Shower Shoe: Indoor use only
i. Socks: 5 pair dress or gym any combination; standard crew or calf length
ii. Shorts: No tight fitting; no cut –offs or altered, no less than 6” inseam; no invisible pocket or reversible shorts; no open fly boxer style.
iii. Sweat Clothes: Top: standard long sleeve pullover; crew or v-neck. Bottom: standard drawstring/elastic waist; elastic or open ankle, no jogging suit, no logos, no pockets.
iv. Hat/Cap: One winter, One summer
v. Underwear; Boxer or Brief. No G-String, Thong or Transparent fabric
vi. Long Underwear: Standard two-piece set, top and bottom. No one piece.
vii. Undershirt/T-Shirt: Standard; short sleeve, plain white, crew or v-neck.