State of California Department of Corrections
Inmates should be permitted to posses in their quarters/living area state issued and authorized personal property as established in the Authorized Personal Property Schedule #54030, revised June 2006.
- Items of personal property may be purchased from approved vendors by third parties of the inmate.
- Inmates scheduled for parole or waiting discharge may be sent a release package no earlier then 30 days from their scheduled parole or discharge date.
- A Mike’s Better Shoes representative works directly with the R&R Sgt. to determine what products are allowed at the facility. All items listed in our catalog have been pre-approved by the central administration in Sacramento. Mike’s Better Shoes makes every effort to keep up-to-date on the rules & regulations of the participating facilities. It is important to remember that institutions are not uniform and that requirements change from time to time. If you have any questions regarding package rules, please contact the facility or call us at 1-800-431-1911.
- Shower shoe/Slippers: Foam or soft rubber, single layer, thong tight construction not to exceed 1 inch in thickness.
- Tennis Shoe: No shades of red or blue. Must be predominantly white in color. No K-Swiss, Bugle Boys, Joy Walkers, Pumps,
Gels, British Knights or Airlifts. Shoe laces white only. Price not to exceed $75.00. No hidden compartments, zippers, or laces
that are covered or concealed. No metal components, including eyelets.
- Sandals: No hidden compartments, zippers, or laces that are covered or concealed. Price not to exceed $75.00.
- Socks: White only. Any combination of short to knee-high.
- Shipments can not exceed 30 lbs.
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation allows for substitutions of equal or greater value only. See MBS order form for details.